BIFM Level 5 Diploma
Registration - 295 Pounds @ 70GBP per Unit
Assessment - 280 Pounds @ 38GBP per Unit
AMTC Admin. Charge - N200, 000
AVAILABLE ON REQUEST
Is your FM Knowledge in line with International Standards?
Nigeria’s Facilities Management industry has witnessed impressive growth in the past few years. This growth, and the demonstrable competence of professionals in the sector, have helped stimulate the sector and broadened its operational scope.
These realities, and the increasing interest in Nigeria’s Real Estate sector is now supplying the FM market with high-end, sophisticated projects. These projects are not just massive and complex; they require deeper knowledge of Facilities Management processes and best practices to deliver the expected returns to their promoters.
As this type of opportunities grow in the market and the demand for international standards in FM knowledge and competence increases concomitantly; are you well positioned to take up the challenge? Are you confident your skills and competency level can handle the operational requirements to manage the people, process and equipment required for all types of project? As the world shrinks into a global community, are your FM skills and capacities sale-able in other markets outside Nigeria?
If you are not sure of these questions, then it’s time to enroll for the British Institute of Facilities Management (BIFM) Diploma. The BIFM Level 5 Diploma is an out-come-driven, knowledge-oriented, eight-module qualification course designed to help expand your operational capacity, undertake different analytical approaches to FM operations, and deepen your knowledge in key areas where FM support businesses. Some of the immediate benefits include:
- Opportunity to deepen and benchmark your knowledge of FM with international standards.
- Exclusive access to the BIFM resource centre that gives you access to globally-accepted models, templates, best practices and case studies that will stand you out in the market.
- Free and regular update on latest FM trends from the BIFM Good Practice Guide on different FM operation areas.
- Assessment and feedback on your works by experienced and qualified BIFM professionals in the United Kingdom.
- Time and Payment flexibility that allow you plan your professional development over specified time frames.
Facilities Management Development and Trends
As Nigeria’s rapidly growing FM sector steadily gains significant traction, market analysts predict business opportunities for FM professionals will expand as the sector enters its next growth phase. This module is designed to help examine the stages of developments in Facilities Management and the trends that drive the market in terms of dynamics, scope, and the required strategy to leverage on these opportunities in the local FM market. At the end of this module and assessment, participants are expected to:
- Understand the scope, evolution and the future growth path of Facilities Management in the global scheme of things, with an in-depth focus on Nigeria.
- Gain insights into the relevance of innovations, strategic-thinking and trends redefining value of FM to the customers, the Real Estate market and business operations.
- Identify the specific approaches and tacts of responding to clients’ expectations across different asset classes.
- Have a comprehensive view of Nigeria’s socio-economic and environmental trends in relations to the Facilities Management industry.
Organizational and Facilities Management strategy
Beyond delivering operational efficiency and people productivity, Facilities Management must be in tune with organizations’ business objectives, strategic direction and business growth path at all times. More importantly, these goals must be defined in line with the prevailing market realities and global best practices and standards. The rudiments of connecting these key business metrics form the bedrock of this module. On successful completion of this module and assessment, participants should be able to:
- Understand how to develop or review FM and business operations strategies of the organizations, in relation to the local operating environment.
- Develop effective Facilities Management strategies that fit location, structure, regulations, technology and resourcing standards.
- Identify when and how to swiftly rethink their Facilities Management strategies to align with core business objectives.
Managing people in Facilities Management
People management is perhaps one of the most tedious task in the Corporate setup. Expectedly, implementing an effective human resource management strategy from recruitment through exit is critical to the sustainability of every business. For the Facilities Management companies, this role must be effectively designed to deliver the expected result considering the significant number of people who FMs interface with: E.g. Client Representatives, Facility Occupants, Vendors, Contractors etc. To help understand and deliver value to these different people stakeholder, this module has been designed to help participants:
- Effectively plan and manage available human resource to ensure the desired outcome of every input task.
- Design and improve processes for selecting and recruiting the best talents in their market.
- Design a plan such as: appraisal and reward systems, promotion guidelines, staff feedback mechanisms etc; that will help them efficiently manage staff retention processes.
Risk Management in Facilities Management
As a value-driven industry that thrives on getting more done with limited resources, FMs are often exposed to risks. Averting these risks requires that FMs have sound knowledge of sustainable strategies and management processes. Likewise, the implementation mechanism of these strategies must be clear, concise and capable of delivering the expected results at all times. To be able to help mitigate the risks in the day-to-day operations of the FM system, this module is designed to help participants:
- Understand the basics of developing and deploying risk management frameworks and policies in line with global best practices.
- Acquire requisite skills to create Risk Management criteria for organizations.
- Demonstrate the capacity to review and evaluate organizational activities and understand potential risks to smooth business operations.
- Be able to review and report the effectiveness of actions designed to reduce risk and ensure the sustainability of the FM business in line Nigeria’s business environment.
Financial Management in Facilities Management
The current slowdown in economic activities is posing a major challenge to businesses, including the Facilities Management industry. Evidently, staying afloat of these challenges will require a deliberate attempt to improve efficiency and cost-savings opportunities; especially on overhead cost, where Real Estate cost takes up about 40%. To do this effectively, FMs will be required to develop expertise that can help them put an eye on key financial indices. At the end of this module and assessment, participants will:
- Have an overview of Financial indices related to Facilities Management
- Have expert view and application of financial policies such as; auditing, cash flow management, credit control and other applications relevant to financial management.
- Be able to prepare, manage and review capital and revenue budgets in line with global best practices.
- Demonstrate ability to use basic tools of financial appraisal and make informed financial management and budgetary decisions
Facilities Management Support Services Operations
Support service operations drive the smooth delivery of FM value to clients. Therefore, to deliver value to today’s FM customers, FM professionals must be able to demonstrate a deep understanding of the practices, processes and principles of this core FM component. They must grow the capacity to effectively manage and monitor these operations within the organization to ensure the extent to which the required standards are being met. This module is designed to:
- Help professionals grow the capacity and competence to be able to review, evaluate and recommend best options for providing value-driven support services
- Help FMs demonstrate ability to monitor, manage, review and evaluate the performance of support service providers and their compliance level to set standards and SLAs.
- Give the participants a deep view of evaluating effectiveness of service delivery in line with defined health, safety and environmental standards.
- Assist professionals understand how to develop, monitor and review budgets related to the provision of support services operations.
Managing Health, Safety and Environmental Issues in Facilities Management
A well-articulate Health, Safety and Environmental management system is core to the success of FM and the overall sustainability of the business process. This module is therefore designed to give participants in-depth understanding of how to develop, review and promote HSE operations and culture within organization’s context. At the end of this module and assessment, professionals should be able to:
- Understand the legislative and operational frameworks for HSE within the FM and business operational context.
- Have an in-depth understanding and develop ability for application of best practice regulations, guidelines and codes.
- Develop, monitor and review HSE policies and procedures within the organization.
- Investigate and report incidents and significant near-misses, where health and safety processes may have been breached.
- Effectively develop, communicate and promote organization’s health and safety culture.
Customer Service in Facilities Management
The success of any business significantly depends on its innovative approach to satisfying and exceeding the customers’ expectations. In today’s competitive FM market, it suffices to say that only business that deploy a well-defined, end-to-end customer service process can compete favourably for the limited opportunities in the market. Whoever the customer is – employer, clients or corporations – this module will help the FM professionals:
- With best practice and globally-accepted models for customer service strategies that can deliver satisfaction to the FM customers.
- Develop ability to analyze, review and implement proven customer service strategies for customer retention and growth.
- With access to templates and models to can help lead a customer-focused, market-oriented culture with emphasis on good communications.
- Echo the efforts by their organization to deliver more value to the customers, by upscaling the satisfaction level of customers.
- Develop and evaluate the management of service level agreements, vis-a-vis expectations of stakeholders, responsibilities and priorities.